About Onion Creek
The Onion Creek Subdivision is a community of just over 1200 homes developed mostly in the early to mid 1970’s and through the 1990’s. Median Sale Price in Onion Creek is around $350,000. Median dollar per sq.ft is around $124/sq.ft. Look at current listings within Onion Creek (if available). Schools serving Onion Creek include Blazier Elementary, Paredes Middle School, and Akins High School – all a part of Austin ISD.
The subdivision features 2 parks, large and mature trees, a full 18-hole golf course in which some homes have backyard access to. Onion Creek also features The Onion Creek Country Club. It does have an active HOA – Onion Creek HOA (www.onioncreekhoa.org). HOA Fees are $121/quarter.
Where is Onion Creek Subdivision?
The Onion Creek Subdivision is located just south of Slaughter Ln. and on the east side of IH35 in the 78747 zip code of Austin TX. This is considered South Austin. Downtown Austin is a 10 minute drive to the north on IH35. Major thoroughfares in the area include Interstate Highway 35, Toll 45, Slaughter Ln., and Old Lockhart Rd. Though generally considered the quieter part of bustling South Austin, one major destination on the west side of IH35 (across from Onion Creek) is South Park Meadows – one of the largest outdoor shopping malls in Austin. It features a large mix of shops and restaurants including Waterloo Icehouse, Jason’s Deli, Johnny Carino’s, TGI Fridays, Longhorn Steakhouse, Target, Ross, Third Base (Sports Bar), Cinemark Theaters, Little Woodrows. Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, AT&T Store, Chipotle, and many more. Just 10-15 minutes south is Buda TX where Cabela’s Sporting Goods is located. Learn more about the Onion Creek Austin TX 78747 Community here.
What’s the Market doing in Onion Creek Austin TX 78747?
Like most of Austin, Onion Creek Austin TX 78747 saw a decrease throughout the summer months in inventory of homes (from 10 months available inventory to as low as 3 months). This number has risen and steadied at around 6 months inventory towards the end of 2013. It is important to note that the median number of days it takes for a home to sell in Onion Creek was about 21 days in November 2013. The average median sale price of $350,000 has been a steady rise throughout the year. This means homes are holding value if not increasing in value. This is a positive sign for sellers, but places more pressure on buyers from both a price and availability perspective.
Is it time to sell? Click here for a free home valuation.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please like and promote!
- Watershed department buys out 115 Onion Creek homes (kvue.com)
- Volunteers Working Hard For Onion Creek (kxan.com)
- Onion Creek homeowner: “We didn’t have any warning” (kvue.com)
- Onion Creek residents come together to help neighbors clean up following floods (kvue.com)
- California investors to expand Austin’s Onion Creek neighborhood (bizjournals.com)
- Homes for Sale Buckingham Estates Subdivision Austin TX 78748 (jtresidential.wordpress.com)
- Homes for Sale Parkside at Slaughter Creek Subdivision (jtresidential.wordpress.com)
- Homes For Sale in The Crossing at Onion Creek Subd Austin TX 78744 (jtresidential.wordpress.com)
- Homes for Sale in Austin TX 78745 (jtresidential.wordpress.com)